Last night we saw a Kollywood flick (Tamil version of Bollywood) in Georgetown about terrorism, biohazards, and American scientists using Segways to traverse their way around Washington, DC! The main actor plays 10 different parts in the film, the most famous being the villain, who resembled a cross between President Bush and Gary Busey. The cinema was divided into both "reserve" (richie) and non-reserve (not so richie) levels, although the seating was basically the same. On level two, where we sat with the other richies, a rat squealed by just as the film was reaching its climax (animatronic, perhaps?). Spoke with an Indian who had seen the film five times and assured us we would love it. The only downside was that they crank the sound so loud, we had to craft ear plugs out of toilet paper to save our drums from permanent damage. Yep, we're getting old.

2 comments:
Wow, all we did was skip a night of checking up on you to watch a movie (3:10 to Yuma, everybody dies) and now I'm playing catch-up again! I did find a reference to GERD in yesterday's paper so answered my own question, funny how that happens. I'm enjoying wuchunc's comments as much as the stories, so thanks to him too. I know I'm gushing, but LOVE this experience of sharing with you-all. Can you include any pics of flora and fauna? Should be something exotic to see there besides food and flicks.
Yes! Toilet paper ear plugs are the best. The secret is to dampen the toilet paper with beer, squeeze out the excess and push it in. Works better than the orange foam ones any day.
XX
GTia
Post a Comment