Monday, June 09, 2008

Cleanest Airport in the World?

Casey blog entry:

iFlickr
Originally uploaded by Chilekids2004
Seoul, Korea has got to be the nicest, newest and cleanest airport we've ever seen. In addition to having free wi-fi, they offer free use of laptops (which we're both currently getting our fix on). I had a great picture of Karen using one but she vetoed it. People get so touchy about photos after 12 hour flights. Notice the digital clocks receeding into the distance - so nice to have a plethora of clocks in the one place you really need to know the time. What must the Korean people think of our dingy airports in NYC? Talk about a contrast! I also like the fact that the seats are designed to be slept in - no purposefully placed armrests meant to thrwart the weary traveler from resting till they reach their destination. The 12 hour flight here was fairly uneventful - we highly recommend Korean Airlines. They served two very excellent traditional Korean meals and we had the personal entertainment screens so I spent most of the time watching bad movies while Karen slept (which I should have been doing). In two more hours, we'll get on the final 6 hour flight to Kuala Lumpur where we'll crash in a much needed hotel at the airport.

4 comments:

wuchunc said...

My memory of Seoul airport was its spaciously quiet waiting hall.

I expect more of Casey's food expenditure entry from southern Asia.

Anonymous said...

WuChun! The breakfast blog is for you. Casey

ronin1770 said...

i will agree - loved this airport

Unknown said...

yeah... this airport is one of a kind... i like it... korean air is my airline too.