Wednesday, July 16, 2008
Moche Mommies
It's been difficult to get internet access these past few days but thought I'd just post a quick photo or two. This shot was taken in the ladies restroom at Huaca del Sol y Luna, the largest Moche pyramid in Peru. It's been quite a ride - from Lima to Chiclayo to Huanchaco to Machu Picchu to Urubamba to Cuzco - full of lots of serendipitous moments. Feels like I've been away a lot longer than the Fulbright trip. There's something about Peru that is simultaenously mellow and intoxicating - perhaps the 11,000 foot altitude of Cuzco? I've been drinking coca tea and eating grilled alpaca - the food is quite good but I'm itching for some of those Malaysian spices.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Baby changing station! Does it look like the ones in the states or is it as well decorated as depicted in the painting?
Post a Comment