Camelids!
Llama farm near Pisac, taken a few moments after someone's 3/4 full plastic Nalgene bottle fell from the bus onto my hard noggin'. In my headachey- daze I bought a beautiful baby alpaca black A-line skirt. Not to worry - no harm was done to the alpaca as they only shave the neck - possibly a little naked embarassment but nothing more. Will you believe me if I tell you that I ate grilled alpaca just a few hours after this photo was taken?
3 comments:
I thought Karen was a vegetarian... But I guess one eats whatever is available under circumstances. Do they also drink alpaca milk or ice cream?
I still feel guilty (only a little) for so enjoying eating string ray in Singapore after so enjoying swimming with them off Grand Cayman. Oh, well.
What does alpaca taste like? Chicken?
Hey Guys! Alpaca tastes like chicken and is best when grilled. Sting ray is a hit here as well - they cooked it up as an omelette back in Lima. Been trying to be more open to different foods on my trip here - good practice for a "recovering vegetarian" as well as the Amazing Race.:)
Post a Comment