Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Travels with Karen
This is the Cathedral in Barcelona. There's even an elevator to the roof for a magnificent view of the city. I like how the organ music is timed to match Karen's shenanigans. Incidentally, I love traveling with my crazy wife - her contagious smile and willingness to engage encourages interactions I would never get on my own with my default stern scowl. Of course, I could do without the attention of the mountain bar tender who forcably removed my hand from over my glass in order to pour another full glass of 80 proof Orujo. I actually prepared a barf-bag from an old plastic shopping bag on the Funicular ride back down the mountain. I didn't end up using it but it was the longest 7 minute funicular ride of my life! Karen, thankfully, was in great shape and smiled the whole way. --Casey
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ah, the funicular! They always remind me of Mark Twain.
Umm, Casey, what's a funicular? Or, should I just use my imagination.
Portable barf-bag! Now that we have equipped with this new gear, what is more to worry about? Have fun and ride safely.
Post a Comment