We heart Taipei
Here's a quick video showing the cute crossing signs in Taipei. I love the animation and the walking man becomes a running man when there's only 10 seconds left to cross the street. Notice the diagonal cross walk paths (we need more of these back home!). The Taipei 101 building (currently the tallest in the world) has a great outdoor observation deck on the 91st floor. The constant wind at that height makes an eerie whistling noise through the safety railings. So far, Taipei meets prime destination criteria: (1) fantastic food (congee makes for a really good breakfast), (2) excellent public transportation (both the MRT and bus lines have spoken and written English), and (3) exceptionally friendly and helpful people (a kindly older gentleman wished us welcome to Taiwan in a park yesterday). We could spend a year here and barely see and eat a fraction of what's available. Some places you know you won't return to but I keep finding myself dreaming of renting an apartment for a month or so the next time... - Casey
4 comments:
Mmm, I wonder if you have met those swarming-bee-like motorcyclists yet. I find the group dynamics of the traffic with such a variety much more... interesting.
Yeah! Glad you like it! I agree with the bee-like motocyclists comment, WuChunc - our game was to see how many people you could on one.
More on which congee toppings you've bravely tried, please!
Those scooters are cheap! Only $1500 from the local Tango Geant department/grocery store. Favorite congee toppings: shrimp and ginger slivers.
Post a Comment