Sunday, April 12, 2009

Hiatus Complete!


I know. It’s been months since my last post. Would it help if I were to enclose this photo of our kitchen table as proof that pre-occupation has become our new occupation? For starters, we’ve had visitors galore since 2009 began: in February Chris and Bryant joined us for snow and chocolate and never once complained about February’s bitter cold. Rob and Andjie flew in later from North Carolina with a 32 pound baby on their laps (it was indeed, their baby), while Laura arrived on a whirlwind trip from Arkansas in March to speak at my university. In April, Kelly came in from So Cal for a surprise birthday visit, and my sister Sue, fellow workout fanatic, came not to hit the slopes as planned, but for a weekend of grinding our knees into a fine powder from way too much gym time.

Mostly, though, I’ve had my nose to the proverbial grindstone, churning out grant proposals and (yet more) adoption paperwork in anticipation of a very exciting new spin around the sun. And thus far, the year of the ox has been on its best behavior - in fact, 2009 has been hugely generous. All proposals were given the thumbs up! And so (don't hate us), upcoming trips now include: Taiwan (Casey-work), Spain (bicycle trip), Nicaragua (work, but don’t tell Mom), Peru (Study Abroad), Puerto Rico (conference), and Ghana (research grant). This summer was so steeped in opportunities that on Friday I actually had to turn down an invite to attend a 3-week Institute in Hawaii. So please stay tuned, and I’ll do my best to get back up to speed with the blog and regale you with the mundane. At the very least, we’ll have plenty of pictures to post from upcoming adventures.

1 comment:

Momma Miller said...

I'm considering myself "tuned in" to you; was just thinking I ought to check the blog, just might be something... and THERE YOU WERE, bless you! Great to be back on your coat tails, enjoying the view. An exciting ride ahead! Thank you, thank you. You have been missed.