Friday, June 29, 2007

Sao Paulo!

Boa Noite! We arrived safely in Sao Paulo at 7.45am and hit the ground running, with an orientation, two lectures, and a museum to fill our afternoon. My entire suitcase got soaked somewhere between Dallas and Brazil, but fortunately all techno-supplies were still intact. I'm on the 16th floor of a modern hotel with a spectacular view of the city and - pause for effect- free internet access! The program also provides us with a comfortable stipend, a portion of which is itching to visit the shoe store across the street. Casey has me wired with enough gadgets to fill a cubicle, so I've been able to stay in touch with him which has been oh so nice. Between skype, gtalk, pingo, a webcam, and a Blackberry that marginally works - we're pretty well set for communication. Am headed up to the rooftop gym for a work-out before it gets too late. All for now....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Kiwi! I'm super impressed with your techno-savvy self! Plus it looks like you have great digs there in Sao Paulo. And isn't the stipend awesome? Another nice perk for traveling Fulbright style :) Hope you are having a good time and look forward to hearing more throughout your trip!

Karen (and sometimes Casey) said...

French Fry! You are right - Fulbright really knows how to treat a gal. As an educator, I was even excited by the free "University of Texas" of notepads they doled out. The thought of a stipend is a bonus beyond my comprehension. Thanks for checking in!

venitha said...

Casey said that about half your luggage was electronic gismo-try, and it looks like he wasn't kidding! Please post pix of the shoes. =)

Karen (and sometimes Casey) said...

V! I have to confess that I haven't been over to the shoe store yet - but it's on my list. Thanks to you and Jim for taking good care of my dream date last night. A te logo!