Flight 2004 was slated to fly to Austin with a quick stop in Dallas, just a hop-skip-and a jump from Denver. But the big cumulo-nimbos, as we call them in the bizz, confounded our travel plans. We circled Dallas several times until we ran out of gas and then headed to Midland-Odessa to refuel. Stuck on the tarmac for a few hours awaiting both a new pilot and clearance (apparently the old pilot had banked too many hours and had to split), I counted babies in the rows sandwiching me into seat 16D. Triplets, all screaming in unison, made for a musical journey down south toward Austin. I finally arrived in Austin the next day, and alas, I'm safe and well, but wishing so desperately that the Engineer was by my side.
2 comments:
Surely, things can only get better from here on. I like your map of Texas. All those rivers make it look really veiny...
Have a wonderful trip. Sorry we couldn't get together before you left. We'll plan a time after you get home. I am sure there will be a lot to talk about!
Post a Comment