The semester has come to screeching halt, and over the past few days I've been getting all sorts of emails from students about their grades.I'll give you my favorite student e-mail, and I'll omit the name just to show you I've got class (no pun intended, Momma Miller).
Please note that the email has not been changed from its original form, other than the italics:
can i get a grade report? i want to know why i have a c in the class and mother is insisting so well if theres anything that upi can show me on what was the reason for this, that would be great
It took me almost one minute to figure out that "upi" was not a television network.
One of the main benefits of paying for your own education is that "mother" may not ask about your grades. Wish me luck with the deluge of emails likely to hit my inbox in the ensuing days. The final exam average in all three sections was 51 so things won't be pretty.
PS- The photo above features my beautiful, Brooklyn born mother and our street-smart dog, Kiwi.
1 comment:
Good luck keeping your sense of humor intact, Karen. A common SMS abbreviation here is 'tml' for tomorrow, pronounced of course in the Chinese fashion: tomollow. =)
Post a Comment