Friday, July 29, 2005

Food we'll miss

Things are a bit frazzled on this end as we prepare to leave the UK, so I'll make this post short and just a little bit sweet. Below is a list of the top five food and drink items we'll miss after we return home kicking and screaming to the Colorado burbs. Granted, some of these gastronomical delights can be found back in Fo Co, but the selection is just not the same, especially when it comes to hard cider. Rest assured I did find a quick and easy recipe for Scotch eggs, which will help smooth the transition for Casey.

(5) Scotch eggs - egg and sausage rolled up in a ball and part of Casey's morning ablutions.









(4) Lilt - pineapple and grapefruit fizzy drink.









(3) Pataks - UK-made Indian sauces sold all over the world, but not surprisingly, the widest and cheapest selection is found here.









(2) Hard cider - again, sold all over, but the English specialize in the dry, powerful variety.









(1) Irish soda bread - made not with yeast, but baking soda. A classic Irish "wheaten" bread.

4 comments:

jima said...

Scotch eggs and hard cider - Breakfast of Champions!

Jason said...

Hey Casey! Just ran across your blog... It will be fun to read over. I should have tracked it down earlier to keep up with your adventures. Sounds like they are wrapping up for now, but it will be great to have you back at lunch.

venitha said...

I'm sorry to hear that absence hasn't made the heart grow fonder of Colorado. Topping the list of what I miss: Maggie, Marilyn, the weather, the mountains, and friends like you guys. =)

Karen (and sometimes Casey) said...

Thanks for the nice comments, guys!