We're steeped in household projects before my family arrives this weekend, but I'll post a few pictures of Kiwi for the road. I just gave her a bath in preparation for grandma's arrival. This is no easy task, possibly more difficult than sanding the basement drywall.Kiwi is part water-loving labrador yet decidedly hates the water. Despite my trying to act nonchalant about the task, she senses something is up. She sheepishly crawls into our bed and stuffs her head beneath the pillow. I'm a horrible mother, so I grab the camera to document her state of anxiety, then coax her into the bathroom with a slice of Boar's Head smoked turkey. I close the door, and the wait begins. I won't force her into the tub, so we exchange awkward glances for quite some time. Finally, she hops in and then looks up at me with those soulful brown eyes.
What happened to you out there in that water, Kiwi? What did they do you, man? She bows her head as I gently pour shampoo onto her silky black fur. I guess I'll never know.

Please do not kill me, Mommy.

3 comments:
"Please do not kill me, mommy".
LOL
This is exactly the kind of twisted humor that I expect from you! Excellent! Made my day. I'm going to be sitting in meetings all day thinking of that....
So cruel to make her sit there even *longer* just so you take pictures. Poor poor Kiwi. Come over to Auntie Venitha's to get away from that cruel cruel mommy.
that's the same look rob gives me...
Post a Comment