Thursday, May 12, 2011

Updates

Howdy, Folks:
We're leaving for Shanghai in two weeks!  Wish I had more time to post, but things have been incredibly hectic with work and getting our wee little house ready for blast-off. Started my next research project on food deserts:


http://www.ers.usda.gov/data/fooddesert/


We're hoping to get some undergraduate research students on the project and include them in a conference this Fall.


This week's highlight: I dragged E up to Gateway Park in his bicycle trailer and the Poudre River is heavy and full and ever-so generous. Promises to write more as soon as we arrive in China. Thank goodness for VPNs!

5 comments:

wuchunc said...

Exciting! One mission: learn some Chinese *and* local Shanghai dialect. ( I heard that the local dialect could be quite musical-like.) Also see if the engineer finally dares to try the steam stinky tofu. Nice and safe journey.

Karen (and sometimes Casey) said...

Thanks, WCC. I think the Engineer is open to trying just about any food item! Any advice on taking long flights with toddlers? I trust that y'all have taken your fair share of trans-Pacific flights back home.

wuchunc said...

Does E know how to pop his ears? Just a little trick to mitigate little discomfort when landing or taking off. Other that that, endurance is the key. Eventually the plane will land safely. Try not to start the food adventure until a home base is secured. :-)

momma miller said...

Good stories coming up, we can feel it! (not that previous stories were not entertaining; they just leave us hoping for more...)
How do you teach a babe to "pop his ears"? That could be a story in itself!
Maybe Casey should describe the "steam stinky tofu"?

Unknown said...

We must get together before you leave!!!! I will be so sad if we don't! Hugs to you!!!