Monday, March 28, 2011

Shanghai Surprise

Little boy has a secret in his little envelope, and while he wants very badly to tell all of you, he is just not ready to tell everyone yet. We can say that the summer bicycle adventure is on hold until 2012, and so is my teaching gig in Kazakhstan, not because we've gone soft or are afraid of traveling to the windy steppes of Almaty, but because we're headed to Shanghai for Casey's job and will be there for the whole summer, joined by the boy holding the envelope but not by the dog who cannot.  But that's not the secret.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your secret is SO obvious. Look at the dimensions of that envelope. It's got Publisher's Clearinghouse written all over it.

elizabeth said...

:)!

Anonymous said...

Publisher's Clearinghouse! I haven't gotten one of those in years. Think of all the prize $$ I've missed out on.

jima said...

You won an OSCAR!!???

Unknown said...

Shanghai?? WOW!!! What fun!! Can't wait to hear what's in the envelope :)

wuchunc said...

Haven't been there but from what I know, I am sure that it will be quite an experience. Pretty sure it is not easy to get on FB, perhaps you may still blog...

momma miller said...

Karen, you are such a tease!!!

Anonymous said...

I'm guessing you are sending a short story manuscript to a publisher!

Whadda I win? There is a prize, right?

XXOO
GTia

Anonymous said...

Better send in that preschool application soon or Ely will never get into a good college. :)

Karen (and sometimes Casey) said...

Howdy, Folks: Hope you won't be too disappointed when you hear the big news. Drop me an email if you're anxious to know and I'd be happy to share it with my few loyal followers. Momma Miller: T minus 24 hours and I'll tell you in person. Ciao!