Saturday, February 24, 2007

Shameless Self-Promotion

Apologies for this shameless self-promotion, but Friday I learned I've been awarded an all expenses paid Fulbright Award to Brazil! We will travel to six different geographic areas of Brazil over the space of 5 - count 'em - five blessed weeks, beginning July 2007. Stops include the water-chocked Amazon, the serpentine Gran Pantanal (the world's largest inland wetland and my personal geographic obsession), the controversy-soaked savanna (Brazil's contested highland frontier), and the densely populated southern fringes of Rio. More details to follow. And no, our Kathmandu adoption plans have not changed, only grown more colorful! Cheers to Bryant for inspiring me to put my application forward last fall.

5 comments:

jima said...

WOW!

That's AWESOME!

congrats!

jima

Erica said...

Congratulations-I would love to hear more about it! I think that a dinner for the four of us is in order.

Bryant Evans said...

Caipirinhas, cariocas, and capoeira, oh my! Congratulations Karen - you are richly deserving of this opportunity! In my crystal ball I see great adventures in your Brazilian future. Have fun and please continue to keep us posted...

Bryant

Anonymous said...

WE always knew you were OSC*, but now everyone knows! What a great trip to look forward to, and what a memorable year this will be.

Love you,
Momma Miller

*One Smart Cookie

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to see the pictures and hear the stories then read the book. There is a book, right?

Congratulations on a job well done.