Andjie suggested I include some images of items we've managed to collect from previous yard sales. From the images, you'll understand why it's been so difficult to turn down a deal. I blame Casey for this. He converted me into his collecting cult when we were newly betrothed, and since then, we both stop at all garage sales or face the fear that we missed the deal of the century. Here are some of those deals:
If you're interested in obtaining any of these items, please get in touch with us before August 27.
Fish Ice Sculpture. Sold for 25 cents. Amazingly useful, but slightly intimidating at meal time.

Homies. Hispanic-American collectibles. Incomplete set. Available full-price in most grocery store vending machines, but we'll cut you a deal. Quarter included for scale.

Casey's New Zealand wetsuit. For pictures of Casey donning the wetsuit, email me and we'll work out an arrangement.

1950s How To Do It - now known as Do It Yourself- Home Handy Books. Casey acquired the complete set, but has agreed to part with it. Zoom in on the image and check out the cover photos.

Everybody needs an indoor waterfall, especially a wavy-shaped one with torquoise and pink accents. Right?
6 comments:
What, no takers yet for any of that priceless stuff? C'mon folks, let's show some enthusiasm!
Thank you, Anonymous! You understand true value.
Clearly the sudden shock of Colorado's altitude has gotten to you guys if you're willing to part with such gems. =) That waterfall-thingy would go great on my Singaporean rooftop. I'll bid $1 if you'll throw in free delivery.
i love it! how could you part with such gems?! makes our yard sales seem so mundane! :)
Do i still have time to bid on the homies? Great blog, Karen. You've got travel writing skills. I look forward to reading more about your adventures.
C
Karen, can you please contact me so I can obtain those wetsuit pix of Casey.
Post a Comment